NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a casual vacancy is deemed to have occurred in the office of Councillor for the Parish Council following the resignation on 23 November 2022 of Councillor Neil Farmer.
Rules 5(5) and 5(6) of the Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) (England and Wales) Rules 2006, provide that on a casual vacancy occurring in the office of town councillor within six months before the day on which that councillor would regularly have retired, the parish council may, as soon as practicable after the expiry of the period of 14 days (i.e. 14 days, computed as below, after public notice of the vacancy has been given) co-opt a person to fill the vacancy.
Any vacancy not so filled must be filled at the next ordinary election.
Date: 7 December 2022
14 day period (working days) will be finished on 5th January 2023 after which time Edith Weston Parish Council will seek to co-opt a person to fill the vacancy.
Expressions of interest to be made via the Edith West Parish Council Clerk via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE OF VACANCY
IN THE OFFICE OF COUNCILLOR
EDITH WESTON PARISH COUNCIL NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN
Pursuant to section 87(2) of the Local Government Act 1972, that because of the resignation of Norman Milne, a vacancy exists in the office of Councillor for Edith Weston Parish Council.
If by 6 September 2022 (14 days* after the date of this notice), a request for an election to fill the said vacancy is made in writing to the Returning Officer at Catmose, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6HP by TEN electors for the said Parish, an election will be held to fill the said vacancy, otherwise the vacancy will be filled by co-option.
MARK ANDREWS RETURNING OFFICER
Date: 16 August 2022
* In computing any period of time for this purpose, a Saturday, Sunday, day of the Christmas break, of the Easter break or of a bank holiday or day appointed for public thanksgiving or mourning must be disregarded.
“The Christmas break” means the period beginning with the last week day before Christmas Eve and ending with the firstweek day after Christmas Day which is not a bank holiday, “the Easter break” means the period beginning with the Thursday before and ending with the Tuesday after Easter Day, and “a bank holiday break” means any bank holiday not included in the Christmas break or Easter break and the period beginning with the last week day before that bank holiday and ending with the next week day which is not a bank holiday.
We have a high-level exercise happening on 13 Aug 22 – 21 Aug 22,
North Luffenham Airfield will be out of bounds for this period, Day and night.
LCpl J R Tillotson | Training Wing Courses JNCO | 103 HQ & Sp Sqn | St Georges Bks, North Luffenham, Rutland, LE15 8RL
Edith Weston Parish Council NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2022 Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27 The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234).
1. Date of announcement 6 May 2022(a)
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review. Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2022, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to: (b) Cathie Gwilliam , Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer: email@example.com, 01780460128 commencing on (c) Monday 27 June 2022 _______________________ and ending on (d) Friday 5 August 2022 ________________________
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have: • The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and • The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority. The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is: PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team) 15 Westferry Circus Canary Wharf London E14 4HD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. This announcement is made by (e) Cathie Gwilliam , Clerk & Responsible
Financial Officer, Edith Weston Parish Council
(a) Insert date of placing of the notice
which must be not less than 1 day before
the date in (c) below
(b) Insert name, position and
address/telephone number/ email
address, as appropriate, of the Clerk or
other person to which any person may
apply to inspect the accounts
(c) Insert date, which must be at least 1
day after the date of announcement in (a)
above and at least 30 working days
before the date appointed in (d) below
(d) The inspection period between (c)
and (d) must be 30 working days
inclusive and must include the first 10
working days of July.
(e) Insert name and position of person
placing the notice – this person must be
the responsible financial officer for the